18 July 2009

long time no see

oy...it's been quite long - the intentions are good but still its not an excuse. A lot have changed in my life obviously. I won't be able to get in any details but just a quick sip should be enough:

For starters did you know that I went to army? If that's new, hear this: I served in the Greek Army! I know it's not shocking enough so as a booster: I can't speak Greek! yea that was a fun 3 months but I can't complain much - it was way more easier than I imagined. I communicated mostly in English - even after 3 months some pll were still thinking I was English. Hopefully I was doing the service close to my hometown in Greece and could sleep at my house - party all night and return to base before sunrise =D

During all this military mess something unbelievably amazing happened - it is so strange and unrealistic that I started believing in faith. //That's another days story

We jump to December 2009 - It's like Fu**ing economy collapsed with my hopes of finding a job - randomly a friend calls that she has been asked to call me by her superior for a position. I meet with 2 Belgian guys (what the *? I thought it would be just an interview with some turkish guy) Its more like a chat than an interview - we talk laught and couple of days later bammmm they call back - They are offering a position in Alcatel-Lucent Belgium working on IPTV solutions as a Field Integration Engineer. And the written objective of my CV was: "My objective is to start my professional life in a multi national company preferably in Europe, specializing on Embedded systems, Networking, IT solutions or Robotic Tele-operation." Am I lucky or what? =D Its been 6 months and I'm quite happy with it =)

My team is in Antwerp, Belgium which is 140km to Aachen, Germany... So the question is "what about Aachen?". They say "it's a small world" - we tested it and that's right as long as you are in western europe =) In just 3 months I've seen Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Luxemburg --- and also a Spain gig is on the way.

Even this much is more than enough to swallow at once so stay tuned for details and news

3 comments:

Ozberk said...

Jump to December 2009?! Back to the future anyone?

Kaya Ozalp said...

lol you got my easter egg =D congrats // just to cover up my stupid mistake =D

sevenos said...

Back in the dayz we were so so cool.

What happened now to those good old dayz, No plans no worries only games.

Hey Touch&Go, great to see good ol' faces can still be found.

Sevenos
(Wolfenstein Kalesi Koruyuculari 02)
:)

sevenos@mail.com

Europe trip

The photos from my trip to europe - 4 countries in 15 days, pretty good huh =) hope you enjoy
1-frankfurt
2-goteborg
3-oslo
4-goteborg
5-marseille
6-marseille
7-goteborg
8-return